Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank you Senator Jim Webb for speaking up for the need of Prison Reform

"Drug addicts and the mentally ill take up cells that would be better used for violent criminals. And politicians have failed to address this costly problem for fear of being labeled "soft on crime." Senator Jim Webb

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/28/AR2008122801728.html

I wonder if our local reps have the courage and/or wisdom to address such. Reforming jail & prison systems -- such a needed task! Such a failed system on which the politicians waste so many billions of our tax dollars. So many lives lost due to the negligence and courage-lessness of our politicians. Such was the case for Mr. J.B. Rai who lost his life in East Ft. Worth's neighborhood of West Meadowbrook (Council District 8) to a violent killer who had served 10 years in prison and been arrested recently for violent Misdemeanor crimes but only held in jail for 2 months and released back to the streets of Ft. Worth. Why? Because we don't have any true leaders in government who give enough of a damn and are willing to truly advocate for real change we can believe in, in Ft. Worth and the State of Texas regarding prison & jail reform.

Another reason to vote for me for District 8 City Council seat in Ft. Worth. District 8. The District has carried the most crime in the City of Ft. Worth for at least the past 3 years while my opponent has sat in office and done nothing about it.

Come to my $20 Rahr Brewery fundraiser on Wednesday, Feb. 18th and find out how I will lower crime in this District and what my plans are for the betterment of City Council District 8. Something my opponent hasn't been able to do in the three years she's been in office.
http://www.suzetteforcouncil.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you used this tragedy for political opportunism is absolutely disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - Thank you for reading my blog and sharing your opinion here. I don't share your feeling of "disgust" in me using this tragedy for political opportunism. Anytime an opportunity presents itself for me to get my message out, I will take it. I mean what I say, and say what I mean.
I find that the current seated City Council person, along with many other elected officials, haven't done nor advocated for one thing to be done to lessen tragedies like this one from happening. Furthermore the City Council District that this murder happened in, has been the most crime filled District in the City of Ft. Worth every single year that my opponent has been in office. That is what's truly disgusting in my opinion.
I'm glad to live in a country where we can agree to disagree and say what we want to say. Will we all agree 100% of the time? No. The fact that we can vocalize our opinions is one of the great things about America.
I hope you will continue to read and comment on this blog site.
Again, Thank you for reading and sharing.

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

Unfortunately, when you're trying to fix something that's broken, you have to mention that something is actually broken. What happened was truly a tragedy and I don't think you're minimizing that at all. My opinion: If you didn't bring this up, then you would be minimizing it... and THAT would be a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

You are a idiot. What have you ever done to make the City better???

Maybe you should vote in an election before you run for council.

Go back to what ever hole you came from, you imbecile.

Anonymous said...

TarrantLibertyGuy - Right on!
Anonymous - What have I done to make this City better? Drive to the intersection of Riverside & Lancaster and you'll see. Drive to the intersection of Riverside & Bomar and you'll see. Talk to the people who collect the taxes for the area mentioned above and you'll see. Just me running for this City Council seat is making this City better. Go ask the Humane Society what I've done for the numerous stray, homeless dogs in this City and the neighborhoods those dogs came from, they'll tell you. Ask some of the beat police officers who work this area and ask them if they recieved updated computer systems in their cars which makes their job a little easier to do and much more efficiently. I've reported on the failing infrastructure in District 8 which you can see at www.youtube.com/suzetteforcouncil. I've made numerous trips down the the County Commissioners Court to ask that they do a better job on some issues such as holding MHMR more accountable and getting offices for the Community Prosecutors for the CFW. I've continued to blog on this site and expose things that would never be exposed had I not said it here. I pick up mounds of trash of Riverside Dr. every day. I pay to have land mowed that is not owned by me just to make the landscape look better for the people driving out of downtown. I care enough to express my opinions to elected officials. I donated to some local campaigns because I care about this City. I speak to the children of Meadowbrook Elementary each year in hopes of inspiring them to not involve themselves in teenage pregnancies and the importance of staying in school and keeping their eye on the ball as for as their future. I requested bike trail connectors through Sycamore Creek and bike lanes down the main corridors of District 8 so that the Eastside is more easily accessible to and from downtown for bicyclists. I had the courage & brain power to open a business in a part of down that no one else would come near because I knew this City needed the services and it would help the blighted area, etc. etc. etc.
Regarding my voting in elections, after you've done your homework on that one, check back with me if you still have concerns or questions.
I think my accomplishments take me out of the box of "imbecile," but then again, that's just my opinon and I'm probably a bit biased. If that's what you choose to believe about me, so be it.
Thank you for sharing your opinions here on Morning Coffee, Evening Wine blog site. All are welcome and I hope you will continue to read this blog and comment.

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

I hate to do this, but I can't help myself!

The anonymous person who wrote "You are a idiot" later called you an imbecile. Anybody who can speak or write in English with an IQ over 70 knows that you use the article "an" preceding a word beginning with a vowel. For example: "an idiot" vs. "a idiot"; "an imbecile" vs. "a imbecile".

Any with an IQ under 70 is, well - legally considered an imbecile.

Sorry!!!!