Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another drug deal gone bad involving a shooting in Council District 8 East Ft. Worth


" man getting shot in the leg late Monday outside a homeless shelter"

"The victim told police that he believed he was mistaken for another person who normally stands on the corner of Cypress and East Presidio and sells drugs," Henderson said


This is in the Near Eastside Urban Village along with Presbyterian Night Shelter as the article explains above -- just east of downtown off of E. Lancaster. There is no reason, at all, that anyone should be allowed to "normally" stand on a street corner and sell drugs.

Please come to my fundraiser and find out how I would combat criminal activity in District 8. My approach is a whole different approach than the current seated City Council person's handling of the business of crime in this District. District 8 has had the highest total crime percentage of all Council Districts in the City of Ft. Worth for the past two years and 11 months inwhich my opponent has been in office. This will not be the case should I be elected to represent District 8 at City Hall. I promise you.

Find out how & why my plan will work for the betterment of District 8 here:

Wednesday, Feb. 18th 2008
Rahr Brewery Fundraiser
701 Galveston Ave
Ft. Worth, Texas
$20 per person ($35 per couple)
Free beer, live music, food and a first hand account of my vision for District 8.

Hope to see you there.

No comments: